IAWA Executive Board of Advisors
Meeting: January 31, 2000
10:00 a.m. Newman Library, 6th floor Board Room
- Donna Dunay, Marcia Feuerstein, Gail McMillan, Humberto Rodriguez-Camilloni.
- Invited Guests:
- Tony Atkins, Milka Bliznakov and Gerrianne Schaad.
- Jeanette Bowker, Mitzi Vernon and Dawn Bushnaq (GA).
Call to Order:
Chair Donna Dunay called the meeting to order at 10:30 am and reviewed the proposed agenda. The agenda was approved with some additions.
- Approval of 12/13/99 minutes: Marcia Feuerstein so moved, Humberto Rodriguez-Camilloni seconded the motion and the minutes were approved unanimously with few corrections.
- Election of the new Board: Donna Dunay requested that the "Partners Report" should be ready for the next meeting on February 8. Marcia Feuerstein will report on Nominations Subcommittee and the state of the list being compiled by Pat Williams and Min (the previous GA). Donna will identify those advisors who are up for re-election, and will write to each, asking forceful questions regarding their plan of action if they chose to stand for re-election and will be asked to confirm their decision in writing.
- Annual Meeting Dates: Donna Dunay will look into two alternative weekends in Fall 2000 for the next (15th) annual meeting: either September 9th and 10th or October 7th & 8th.
- Treasurers Report: Bert Rodriguez-Camilloni reported cash donations from the Linde Foundation, Sigrid Rupp, Wendy Bertrand, and Loretta Lorance, totaling $2260.00.
- Improvements in the IAWA Database: Tony Atkins, Technical Director for the Digital Library and Archives discussed the Biographical Database conversion into a faster, searchable and expandable database.. The new guide will allow photographs to be included. Milka Bliznakov asked about confidentiality and privacy issues, especially if personal photographs are included on the Web. Marcia Feuerstein asked that the two databases be clarified, and Donna Dunay asked if all persons represented within the collection were automatically added to the Biographical Database. Milka Bliznakov identified out of date and incorrect information, and offered to compare the IAWA database with the listings of the biographical database. Updates will take time and it could be a job for an inactive board member. Gail McMillan announced an opportunity for a graduate student as a temporary IAWA Intern through this fiscal year. Wages are dependent on qualifications. Gail McMillan also requested that the Board members add or update their own biographical data as well as donate records and projects to the IAWA Archive.
- Humberto Rodriguez-Camilloni announced Lois Gottlieb's request to have the exhibition of her work travel to Marin County Civic Center in California in Oct-Nov 2000 so as toaccompany the New Exhibition of her Taliesin photographs there
- he next meeting will be on February 8, 2000 at 4:00 p.m. in Special Collections.
Donna Dunay adjourned meeting at 11:45 a.m. Minutes taken by Marcia Feuerstein on 1/13/2000 and respectfully submitted with corrections on 2/08/2000.