At least six alumni of the College of Human Resources are administrators at universities across the country and many others hold academic and extension faculty positions.
- Department Head of Textile and Apparel Management, U. of Missouri, Columbia.
- Department Head of Apparel, Textiles, and Interior Design, N.D. State U.
- Associate Dean of College of Human Resources, Virginia Tech
- Assistant Professor of Family and Child Development at U. of Missouri
- Dean, College of Applied Sciences, Western Carolina U.
- Dept. Head, Family Studies, U. of Kentucky
Several own their own companies and many are officers and region and division directors/managers in corporations.
- Head Designer of swim wear & swim wear accessories, DiLorenzo Designs, N.Y.
- Head of West Coast Sales, Gerber-Camsco (producers of apparel-manufacturing computers) - highest ranking woman in the corporation.
- Director of Men's International Licensing, Polo Ralph Lauren, N.Y.
The only Miss Virginia ever named Miss America is a graduate of the College of Human Resources.