Record Group 24 - Radford College
The Radford State Teacher's College was merged with Virginia Tech on 23 June 1944
and became Radford College, the Women's Division of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
VPI's president became chancellor and chief administrator of Radford College. In 1963,
the Board of Visitors made an official request to the Governor to dissolve the VPI-
Radford College merger. The separation became effective 1 July 1964.
1.0 cu. ft.
This collection consists primarily of reports relative to the standards of the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education, prepared by the faculty for the Intervisitation Committee of the Association.
Mounted Clippings, 1945-64
3.0 cu. ft.
Mounted clippings from 1945-64 can be located under classification "Mra."
Items concerning the Radford-VPI merger, 1943-44, can be found in the files of President Burruss (RG 2/8).