Maps of Blacksburg and Montgomery Country
- Map of the State of Virginia (1 Mb+) Herman
Boye, 1859. Map No. 6 (part 8 of9). Facsimile sheet from 1 map on 9 sheets; each 19 x 28 in.
- Middle section from Historical Map of Montgomery
County, Virginia, Giving the Names and Locations of Many of the Early Adventurers in the
Territory from 1750 to 1865. Roanoke Historical Society, 1970. 23 x 29 in.
- Map of Blacksburg Railroad Ca.
1880. Map of Montgomery County area. 9 x 12in.
- Map of Montgomery County, Showing
Primary and Secondary Highways. Virginia Dept. of Highways, 1933. 19 X 21 in.
- Blacksburg Quadrangle, Base Map from
U. S. Geological Survey, 1965. 29 x 42 in.
- 1937 Merrimac
Community (720k). Appalachian Studies and Landscape Architecture Program of Virginia Tech, 1996.
18 x 36 in. (Ms. 96--012).
- Town Architecture by Donna Dunay
- 1840 Map of Blacksburg
1870 Map of Blacksburg
- 1921 Sanborn Maps. 6 Sections.
- Section 1
Composite Sanborn Map -- available in digital format only
- Street Map and Guide to Blacksburg,
Virginia. 1956. 9 x 14 in.
- Blacksburg , Virginia Tom J.
Pierce, Realtor, 1959. 10 x 14 in.
- Town of Blacksburg Zoning Map
reproduced by courtesy of the National Bank of Blacksburg, January 1, 1966. 9 x 12in.
Most of the Blacksburg Maps may be viewed in the Special Collections Department of the University Libraries.
Dimensions refer to the actual maps. The Sanborn Maps are property of the Town of Blacksburg, Planning and Engineering
Return to Bicentennial Homepage
Questions or comments to:
Tamara Kennelly, University Archivist
firstname.lastname@example.org * 540/231-9214
Last updated March 5, 1998