Diaries and Recollections
- Selections from the Diaries of Rosanna Croy Dawson (1822-1906)
- Roseanna Croy Dawson's diaries were written for her children. She jotted down weather; people who visited
for sewing by her daughter, Ella; happenings in Blacksburg.
- L.B. Dietrick's Blacksburg and VPI
- A lengthy recollection of his father's Blacksburg from the 1920s to the 1940s by Dr. Ronald B. Dietrick. L. B. Dietrick became Dean of Agriculture in 1952.
- Nostalgia by Keith Furr (1996)
- Keith Furr recalls life in Blacksburg during the 1960s in an e-mail to Laura Katz Smith in 1996