Keister's Addition, a part of which forms another intact neighborhood adjoining downtown Blacksburg, was apparently laid out before 1875 and included Progress Street and neighboring alleys and cross streets. Progress and Harding streets and Wilson Avenue are lined with houses ranging from small, frame two-room dwellings such as the Woolwine House and Nursery School, seen on the bottom, to large frame and brick houses which date from the late nineteenth century and later, such as the frame Cartmell T. Brown House, a well-preserved, two- story, central-passage-plan dwelling seen on the top.



Previous Slide Introduction Next Slide

Previous - Introduction - Next


http://spec.lib.vt.edu/bicent/slides/ss25.htm
¤
Last updated October 24, 1997