Good frame examples include the one-story, three-bay, double-pile two-room house at 511 Lee Street, built after 1921, seen on the top.
With a few exceptions, the churches of Blacksburg remained content with extant late nineteenth- and early twentieth-century structures until the third quarter of the century. The Presbyterian congregation built a carefully detailed, brick, Gothic Revival-style educational building behind the church in 1926, seen on the bottom.
Previous - Introduction - Next
Last updated October 24, 1997