The town government took visible form in 1939 with the acquisition and conversion of the Logan Martin Store, which we saw earlier, for use as a town hall. The authority of the Federal government was effectively represented by the new PWA-funded Post Office, built in the same year by the same contractor. The solemn Colonial Revival-style brick building was provided with large, tripartite, arched openings and stone dressings.



Previous Slide Introduction Next Slide

Previous - Introduction - Next


http://spec.lib.vt.edu/bicent/slides/ss54.htm
¤
Last updated October 24, 1997