Methodist educational concerns, such as the Blacksburg Female Academy of 1842 and the Preston and Olin Institution of 1854, were established in Blacksburg while the Blacksburg Savings Institution was incorporated on March 8, 1849. The original directors included most of the town's merchants. It occupied the large brick house built in about 1850 on the southern corner of Main and Jackson streets.



Previous Slide First Slide Next

Previous - Introduction - Next


http://spec.lib.vt.edu/bicent/slides/ss8.htm
¤
Last updated October 24, 1997