Electronic Exhibition Series: "Life on Mars"
Digital Library and Archives, University Libraries, Virginia Tech
Explore Other Sites
- Life on Mars?
- NASA site devoted to examining the "evidence that
strongly suggests primitive life may have existed on Mars more than 3.6 billion years ago."
- Is There Life On Mars?
- Internet resource created to help answer "some basic questions about Mars and its
meteorites and to encourage further questions, discussions, and research on such a vital
- United Nations Outer Space Treaty
- "Treaty on Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and
Use of Outer Space,including the Moon and Other Celestial Bodies."
The Outer Space Treaty, in effect since 1967, provides the basic framework on
international space law.
Twentieth Anniversary of Viking Mission to Mars
- The twentieth of July 1996 marks the twentieth anniversary of Viking 1's touch down on Mars
after a voyage of nearly one year, followed within two months by Viking 2.
Images of Mars
- Selection of views of Mars taken by the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Earth Invades Mars
- A page about current and upcoming Mars missions.
- Devoted to linking amateur and professional Mars observing communities for observational support of
the Mars Pathfinder mission.
- Whole Mars Catalog
- Reports frequent updates of breaking news about Mars.
- Daily Martian Weather Report
- Internet site concerning Martian weather, climatology, and the Mars Global Surveyor Project.
- Planetary Mysteries: Mars
- Martian mysteries examined from many different perspectives.
Mars in the Mind of Earth
- Ongoing Bibliographies of Terran Literature concerning Mars.
- Planet Mars in Popular Culture
- "Historically, Mars was thought to be the most likely of the planets to
harbor life. Popular culture in the form of literature, and then later
radio and film, reflected such beliefs."
- "Mars Interactive Science Fiction Fantasy Episodes: Six AI spider robots became orphan on Mars. They need you."
- FACE(ing) Mars. Whither the Cydonians now?
- Roger Keeling & Randolfo Pozos PhD of The U.S Mars Project interviewed about the Cydonian anomolies: the Face of Mars.
- William J. Heron Collection of Speculative Fiction
- The William J. Heron Speculative Fiction Collection contains
approximately 16,000 American, British, and Australian books and
magazines from the 1920s to the1980s relating to science fiction,
fantasy, and horror.
- IAFA: International
Association for the Fantastic in the Arts
- Organization for the scholarly study of the fantastic in music, literature, and all other art
- VTSF: Virginia Tech
On-Line Speculative Fiction Project
- Scholarly efforts to capture and preserve the text and graphics from works of speculative
space ships courtesy of www.freeimages.com
Problems, comments, or suggestions? Contact: Digital Library and Archives, Virginia Tech, PO Box 90001,
Blacksburg, VA 24062-9001
Last updated: July 26, 1999