Views of V.A.M.C. and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1955)

Please click an image to view it in more detail. It will be displayed in a new window. Click again on the new image to close it and return to this page. Use the arrows at the bottom of the screen to navigate through the site. At any time, you may click the banner at the top of the page to return to the Buildings and Views homepage.


West from Barracks No. 3
Looking west from Barracks No. 3, winter 1908-09.
Henderson Hall
This image is of Henderson Hall, the college infirmary. The original section was built in 1876. It was used as a home for presidents until converted, along with an 1902 addition, into an infirmary. Named for Dr. William F. Henderson, college physician, 1890-1935.
Road of Elms, c. 1912
Road of Elms, c. 1912. Back of postcard reads, "The grounds of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute contain over 100 acres beautified with walks and drives. The campus abounds with trees of all kinds, - every deciduous tree capable of standing the climate."


Back to the Buildings and Views Homepage More Images