Originally known as the Council of Administration, this body was formed in 1920-21 "to
assist the president of the institution in administrative matters, chiefly concerning
students." (Previous to that time, an "Executive Council" had much the same purpose.)
Later, the scope of the council was expanded to include academic matters and its name
was changed to the Academic Council. In 1966, the name was changed to the University
2.0 cu. ft. (RG 9-a)
Course Proposals, 1967-76
5.0 cu. ft. (RG 9-c)
All course proposals must be approved by the University Council before becoming effective. These proposals include additions, modifications, revisions, and deletions for both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Commission on Faculty Affairs
0.6 cu. ft. (RG 9/1)
Commission on Graduate Studies
1.0 cu. ft. (RG 9/2)
Originally called Graduate Committee, the group became the Commission on Research and Graduate Studies on 7 October 1969. The name was changed to the Commission on Graduate Studies and Research on 30 August 1973, then became the Commission on Graduate Studies on 6 October 1982.
Commission on Research
0.2 cu. ft. (RG 9/2/1)
This group branched off from the Commission on Graduate Studies in October 1982.
Commission on Student Affairs
1.0 cu. ft. (RG 9/3)
The predecessor to this Commission was the Student Activities Committee (1947-69).
From 29 September 1969 to 20 August 1970, it was called the Commission on
Undergraduate Student Affairs.
Commission on Undergraduate Studies
1.0 cu. ft. (RG 9/4)
Commission on Extension
0.2 cu. ft. (RG 9/5)