Record Group 27 - Virginia Tech Education Foundation
The VPI Educational Foundation was established by authority of the Board of Visitors in 1948 as a tax-exempt, non-profit corporation to "work toward increasing gifts and endowments made to the college." Dr. John Hutcheson was appointed as the first president of the Foundation. Hutcheson organized a Board of Directors for the Foundation composed of representatives from the administration, Board of Visitors, Alumni Association, and business leaders from inside and outside the state. In 1983, the Foundation's name was changed to the Virginia Tech Educational Foundation, Inc.
Correspondence, reports, and other documents relating to the Educational Foundation can be found in the files of President Walter S. Newman (RG 2/10) for 1949-60 and Vice-President Louis Pardue (RG 3/3) for 1950-63. Mounted clippings on the Foundation, 1948-60, are classified under "Med."
Clippings and printed material concerning public radio station WVTF and the Corporate Research Center also are located in this record group (RG 27/1 and 27/2 respectively).
Newspaper Clippings and Printed Material
Corporate Research Center
Newspaper Clippings, 1984-Present
Send questions or comments to: