Virginia Tech University Archive
of the Papers of John McLaren McBryde, Fifth President of Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical
- 66: Miller-Moore 1901-1904
- a: Letter from H.L. Newbold, Captain Artillery Corps to the Inspector General,
U.S. Army. A submitted report of an inspection of the Government
property at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute, May 21, 1902.
- b: Notable letterhead from Monroe Refrigerator Company, 1900-1901.
- c: Postal Card from the Montgomery Ward Company, 1904, receipt of order.
- d: Postal Card with prices for various subscriptions from Moore's Subscription
- 67: Moore-Myers
- a: Letterhead from Headquarters of the Grand Camp Confederate Veterans, 1902.
- b: Notable letterhead from Strother Drug Co. 1901.
- c: Letter referring to the form letter from the registrar's office about class failures.
- d: Letter including an article titled " The Academy and the Higher Institution, their
- e: Notable letterhead from Ed DeMoulin and Bros. 1902.
- 68: Nash-Nutty
- a: Notable letterhead from Neostyle Co., 1901.
- b: Notable letterhead from "The Breakers," 1902.
- c: Correspondence with a Students father over an alleged forged check 1903.
- d: Notable letterhead from Nonotuck Silk Company, includes price list, 1901.
- e: Notable letterhead from The Nut Shell Publishing Company, 1901.
- 69: Oakes-Owens
- a: Notable letterhead from Stephen Putney Shoe Company, owners of Battle
- b: Statement from Orange Judd Co., 1902.
- b: Letter from the Office of the Chief of Ordnance U.S. Army, concerning the
return of bond for corrections as pointed out by Judge Advocate General,
- c: Pamphlet form Ordnance Department U.S.A. titled " Regulations, Etc., For the
Issue of Ordnance and Ordnance Stores to Colleges and Universities."
- d: Invoice of Ordnance Stores amounting to 123.32$ to The Commandant of
Cadets, V.P.I., July 1900 from the Springfield Armory.
- 70: Patton-Payne
- a: Notable letterhead from The National Hotel, 1900.
- b: Notable letterhead from The Parker Pen Company, 1902.
- c: Credit memorandum to Dr. Tagliaferro for 3.07$, 1901 from Parker Pen Co.
- d: Request form submitted by Lewis Payne, Dec. 1902. Cadet Private in Band
- e: Notable letterhead from Adams Bros.-Paynes Co., 1903.
- 71: Payne-Pollak
- a: Receipt to Book and Uniforms department V.P.I. with note from V.T. Peed.
- b: Notable letterhead from G. Penn Sons Tobacco Co. Manufacturers, 1903.
- c: Notable letterhead from the Pettibone Brothers Manufacturing Company, 1901.
- d: Notable letterhead from Judson L. Thomson Manufacturing Company, 1902.
- e: Notable letterhead from Massie and Pierce Wholesale Lumber, 1903.
- f: Notable letterhead from Ludwici Roofing Tile Co. 1902.
- 72: Pollard-Quitman
- a: Notable letterhead from Sunset excursions Washington-San Francisco line
- b: Notable letterhead from Cincinnati's Gibson House and Grand Hotel, 1903.
- c: Legal document signed by McBryde for debt of 2$ from the Publishers'
Collection Agency, includes statement of Law, 1901.
- d: Notable letterhead from Queen and Co. Incorporated Manufacturers of
Scientific Instruments, 1900.
- 73: Original Documents from folder 72.
- 74: Rader-Regester
- a: Notable letterhead from The New St Charles, 1901.
- b: Notable Letterhead from Blue Ridge Springs, 1902.
- c: Item and price list for Raub and Co. Publishers, 1901.
- d: Letter from the Dean of the Administrative Board at Tufts College, Gardner C.
- e: Letter from English High School in Providence R.I. about gathering material for
a museum used for teaching commercial Geography.
- f: Advertisement for Reid Copy Holder, A.B. Reid & Co.
- 75: Regester-Riggan
- a: Notable letterhead from The reliable Incubator and Brooder Co.
- b: Notable letterhead from Remington Typewriter, 1904.
- c: Business card from Rida bock & Co. New York.
- d: Prices for military & band equipment.
- 76: Riggs-Roth
- a: Notable letterhead from the Bedford Bulletin, Publishers and Job Printers
with circulation for the year 1901-1902 on side of the stationary.
- b: Letter from a parent regarding the typhoid scare, November 1903.
- c: Notable letterhead from Buena Vista Plaster and Mining Co., 1901.
- d: Advertisement & Letter for Wrights Concert Band.
- e: Notable letterhead from Seaboard Air Line Railway, includes a map of the
Southeast coast and the locations where the train stops.
- 77: Rath-Ryland
- a: Letter from the superintendent of Public schools of Warren Co., G.E. Roy,
Front Royal, 1902.
- b: Notable letterhead from The Royal Tailors, 1903, includes a list of uniforms
they make, in the left margin of stationary.
- c: Notable letterhead from The Great Southern Despatch, includes map on the
back of the South East Fast freight line and connections.
- d: Letter from H.H. Royer student seeking retribution for items that were stolen
from him, 1900.
- e: Letter from the department of education of Puerto Rico about sending boys to
school at Blacksburg and the financial aide, free board, and tuition for
these students, 1900.
- f: Notable letterhead from The Virginia Cattle Food Co.
- g: Purchase receipt from the Department of the Interior, 1903.
- h: Notable letterhead from Wm. West Co., 1901.
- 78: Sackett-Scott
- a: Notable letterhead from Salem Heating Co., 1900.
- b: Letter from the World's Work about V.P.I. as a leading technological school.
request to include the school in the publication, 1900.
- c: Notable letterhead from the Johnson Grocery Co., 1903.
- 79: Scott-Sheldon
- a: Notable letterhead from The Prudential Banking and Trust Co, 1902.
- b: Notable letterhead from R.B. Chafin and Co., 1900.
- c: Booklet titled "Some Aspects of the Analyzing and Grading of Iron Ores of the
Gogebic Range." by Edward A. Separk, 1904.
- 80: Sheldon-Smidon
- a: Notable letterhead from Druggists and Seedsmen Co.
- 81: Smith-Sydnor
- a: Business card from architect Walter Jefferson Smith with a letter concerning the
erection of a new building on campus.
- b: Notable letterhead from The Smith Premier Typewriter Co., 1903.
- c: Notable letterhead from The Hotel Chick Springs, 1902.
- d: Notable letterhead from H.L. Smith, 1903.
- e: Notable letterhead from B.D. Smith and Brothers, 1902.
- f: Receipt from The Smith-Courtney Co., 1900.
- g: Notable letterhead from Michigan Agricultural College, 1901.
- 82: Soule-Stevens
- a: Correspondence between Andrew Soule from the University of Tennessee and
McBryde about moving to Blacksburg and taking a position, includes
details about the house being built for Soule and his wife, 1904.
- b: Notable letterhead from Southern Electrician, 1903.
- c: Receipts of payment from the Southern Stamp and Stationery Co., 1902 &
- d: Notable letterhead from The Southern Industrial News, 1902.
- e: Sample of a blank form for keeping records in testing annual legumes, sent by
the United States Department of Agriculture, 1903.
- f: Notable letterhead from Standard Paper Manufacturing Co., 1903.
- g: Notable letterhead from Standard Sanitary MAnufacturing Co., 1903.
- h: Blank Contracts for South Carolina reports.
- i: Notable letterhead from Wallace Stebbins and Sons, 1902.
- 83: Stewart-Steele
- a: Telegram sent through Norfolk and Western Railway Company from a
conductor in failing health requesting information on a course in
- b: Notable letterhead from Tate Spring East Tennessee, the Carlsbad of America,
letterhead includes rates of board.
- c: Receipt from the Stone Printing and Manufacturing Co. for the printing of the
- d: Notable letterhead from the Stone Printing and Manufacturing Co.
- 84: Original documents from 83: Stewart-Steele
- 85: Storey-Sykes
- a: Notable letterhead from The Western Assurance Co. 1901.
- b: Advertisement from Isaac A. Sheppard & Co. with pictures and prices for a nine
plate stove for wood, plain top tailor stove and a round top tailor stove.
- c: Notable letterhead from Straus Gunst and Company, 1902.
- d: Printed review of a book titled "A History of the German Language from the
Present Day." by Chas. W. Super.
- e: Notable letterhead from The Geiser Manufacturing Co., 1902.
- 86: Tabb-The Times
- a: Letter from the University of Florida concerning the question of Co-Education
in higher institutions, seeking V.P.I.'s opinion, 1903.
- b: Notable letterhead Treacy, Morris & Co. Manufacturers, 1903.
- c: Series of letters in Spanish from Sates 1900's, from Cuba.
- d: Notable letterhead from The Office of City Clerk, 1901.
- e: Notable letterhead from Wm. H. Horstmann Co., 1903.
- f: Notable letterhead from Hodnett-Chism-Thompson Co. Inc., 1903.
- g: Notable letterhead from The Times, 1900.
- 87: The Times-Urquhart
- a: Notable letterhead from David Bradley Manufacturing Co., 1902.
- b: Notable letterhead from Wings Ellet & Crump Shoe Co., 1901.
- 88: Vaiden-Veitor
- a: Notable letterhead from Valentine's Meat-Juice Co., 1901.
- b: Formal resignation form from Vaughn, a student in poor health.
- c: Notable letterhead from Southside Foundry & Machine Works, 1903.
- d: Letters from the Imperial German Cosul in Richmond, E.K. Veitor, 1904.
- 89: Untitled--Correspondence with companies concerning material for uniforms.
- a: Notable letterhead from Voghts, Quast and Company importers 1901.
- b: Sample of gray padding from Voghts, Quast and Company.
- c: Four gray padding samples and one white sample from Voghts, Quast and
- d: Four samples of blue uniform wool from Uhlig and Company Woolens, 1902.
- 90: Waddell-Ware
- a: Notable letterhead of Everett Waddey Co. 1900-1902.
- b: Letter including a written statement from student concerning a problem with the
class of 1905, including a letter backing up the student. April 15, 1903.
- c: Notable letterhead from Wallerstien Produce Co. 1902.
- d: Notable letterhead from the Wall Street Journal about a subscription, 1902.
- 91: Originals from folder 90 Waddell-Ware
- 92: Ware-White
- a: Notable letterhead from A. A. Waterman & Co. for the Lincoln Pen.
- b: Notable letterhead from Watson & Newell Co. Silver smiths, 1903.
- c: Letter from the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Agriculture, 1902
concerning the Quarantine laws.
- d: Notable letterhead from F. Weber & Co., 1904.
- e: Notable letterhead form Fred Van Orman & Co., 1900.
- f: Notable letterhead from James T. White & Co. Publishers 1903.
- 93: White-Wiers
- a: Notable letterhead from the Knoxville Sentinel, 1904.
- b: Notable letterhead from W. J. Whitehurst, 1902.
- 94: Wilkins-Willis
- a: Notable letterhead from J. A. Wilkins Co. Printers, 1900.
- b: Letter from the Grand-Camp of Confederate Veterans of Virginia wanting to
secure the V.P.I. Cadet Band, 1902.
- c: Letter with added paper concerning the credentials for the entrance examination
for matriculants at Baltimore Medical College.
- d: Notable letterhead from Williams Bros. Inc., 1901.
- 95: Willis-Withrow
- a: Official notice from the Registrar's Office concerning failures and missing course
- b: Notable letterhead from Central Warehouse leaf tobacco.
- c: 5 Advertisements with photo and description of desks from Everett Waddey Co.
- d: Letter from W.E.Wine accepting the position of assistant in drawing, 1904.
- 96: Originals from 95: Willis-Withrow
Return to University Archive home
Return to Special Collections home page.
Last updated on July 18, 1997
For questions or comments to Tamara Kennelly: