Ingeborg Kuhler was born in Dachau Germany in 1943. She studied architecture at the Art School in Krefeld from 1964-68, continuing her pursuits at the Institute of Hospital Buildings at the Technical University of Berlin from 1974-77. Since 1978 Kuhler has been in private practice as well as a professor of Art at the University of Berlin since 1984. Kuhler was president and a member of the Commission for Salzburg Architecture and Urban Design from 1994-1997.
In 1992 Kuhler won the European Award for Museum Design for her State Museum of Technology in Mannheim.
SCOPE AND CONTENT
The collection consists of color photomontages and black and white photomontages of two buildings designed by Kuhler: the Studios for the Broadcasting Corporation of Southern Germany, 1987; and the State Museum of Technology and Labor, 1990, both in Mannheim. Also included is a brief biography of Kuhler.
Ingeborg Kuhler by way of Milka Bliznakov donated the material in the collection in 2000. This collection is part of the International Archive of Women in Architecture (IAWA) housed in Special Collections at the University Libraries of Virginia Tech.
NOTE TO RESEARCHERS
Some of the material is in the German language, but most has been translated to English and French.
Oversize Folder 1: 1987-1990 – 2 color photomontages and 4 black and white photomontages of the Broadcasting Corporation of Southern Germany and the State Museum of Technology and Labor, biographical information.