August 2021 Update:
- Beginning August 9, 2021, Special Collections and University Archives will be open Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm
- Appointments will not be required, but strongly encouraged (**see below)
- Appointments can be made by visiting the SCUA Seat Reservation page (instructions are included on this page)
- Virtual reference help remains available at email@example.com or by phone at 540-231-6308
- Newman Library hours of operation and those of other University Library branches are also available online
**By making an appointment, you will help us limit the number of researchers using our Reading Room at any one time for health and safety; guarantee you a seat at the requested time; and help us plan for your visit, for example, making sure materials needed are onsite and available.
Visiting the IAWA
The International Archive of Women in Architecture (IAWA) is located in Newman Library on the campus of Virginia Tech. To access the collections in person, visit Special Collections on the first floor of Newman Library during its operating hours (Mon - Fri, 8am-5pm and by special appointment).
Virginia Tech is located in Blacksburg, Virginia, about 38 miles southwest of Roanoke. Special Collections is located on the first floor of the Carol M. Newman Library.
Newman Library address:
560 Drillfield Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Out-of-town visitors are encouraged to stop at the Visitor and Undergraduate Admissions Center for free visitor parking passes and specific directions to Newman Library. The campus maps website has directions to the Visitor Center, and the Parking and Transportation site has visitor parking information and parking maps.
The nearest visitor parking may be found on the Alumni Mall, and in the Squires parking lot.
The Visitor’s Guide to Virginia Tech has more information about lodging and things to do in Blacksburg.