Current Operations Notice:
- During summer/early fall of 2022, Special Collections and University Archives is open Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm, with the exception of four summer holidays. We will be closed on May 30, June 20, July 4, and September 5.
- Appointments will not be required, but strongly encouraged (**see below)
- Appointments can be made by visiting the SCUA Seat Reservation page (instructions are included on the page)
- Virtual reference help remains available at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 540-231-6308
- Newman Library hours of operation and those of other University Library branches are also available online
**By making an appointment, you will help us limit the number of researchers using our Reading Room at any one time for health and safety; guarantee you a seat at the requested time; and help us plan for your visit, for example, making sure materials needed are onsite and available.
Archivist's Annual Reports for the IAWA
The IAWA was established in 1985 as a collaborative project between the College of Architecture and Urban Studies and the University Libraries at Virginia Tech. It is overseen by a board of advisors that includes architects, city planners, industrial and interior designers, librarians, and archivists from the US and abroad. Faculty members, librarians, and administrators from Virginia Tech serve as the Executive Committee of the Board. The head of Special Collections or their designee serves as the Archivist for the IAWA and sits on the Board of Advisors and the Executive Board. The IAWA Archivist prepares a report for presentation to the Board of Advisors at each annual meeting.
Download Reports (PDF format)
- Aaron Purcell 2007-current
- Gail McMillan 2005-2007
- Jennifer Meehan 2004
- Jennifer Gunter 2003
- Gail McMillan 1997-2002
- Stephen Zietz 1993-1995
- Laura K. Smith 1987-1996
- Glenn McMullen 1985-1986